Jon 7/365


So first day back to work after my vacation, and throwing my back out. I
woke up early because I knew it would take me extra long to get ready, even
waited to take my pain pills tell I got there (because I'm trying this new
thing called listening to the doctor and not driving while taking new
medication). I waddled my fat ass into the building just got caught up
checking my email and got called to the bosses office.

Thinking it was nothing more then a welcome back here's what you missed type
of meeting I happily waddled my fat ass in there sat down, and whatta know
I'm fucking fired! Because my "performance is not up to par", this is not
three weeks after receiving a performance based raise!!!

I think most people would be freaking out (my assistant manager was shaking
because he didn't want me to get fired), I'm surprisingly ok with it.
Everything happens for a reason. I truly believe that. I will get through
this, I've been through worse!

PS - SUCK IT USBANK!!!! (ok now I'm better:))

13 comments:

Kirsten said...

WTF! That's messed up. specially if you JUST received a raise. I would be FREAKING out. I like your attitude!

Liz T. said...

Man, that SUCKS!! So sorry. Good thing you have vicodin... just kidding! :)

Jen from Inside My Head said...

Wow, that sucks! Sorry you went through that. I went through something similar a while back, when I lost my job as a teacher's aid in Special Education. Was freaking out at the time. It gave me the chance to start freelance writing, though. I'm sure there is something wonderful waiting for you.

Unknown said...

That sucks, I am so sorry to hear that! I am glad that you are okay and are doing well. It is a hard thing to deal with, but like you said, you have been through worse!

Renatta said...

awwwwwwww :/

Anonymous said...

Man, talk about sending mixed signals! I hope you find a place that uses more integrity with its employees! Good luck on the hunt.

Linda said...

That blows. I feel for you. I lost my job 3 years ago in a very shitty way also. I'm much better off now though! Hope you end up better off, too! Yeah...suck it, corporate America.

Dora said...

I'm very sorry about this.

Dora said...

I'm very sorry about this.

Dora said...

I'm very sorry about this.

Jean said...

Apparently Dora is very sorry about this. Kidding aside, I'm really sorry to hear that you got such mixed signals and treated in such a crappy way. Love your attitude, though, and hope it quickly leads you to a better opportunity where you're more valued.

Jon said...

Thanks everyone, and Dora, Thank you, thank you, thank you. :)

Robin in NJ said...

Big time suckage. I hope you find another job that appreciates your work.