The theme of this year in my life has been CHANGE, so I want to end the
year with photos of some of those important changes. The first two photos
(numbered 1) represent the work I've done on my mental and emotional
well-being. I started last year with 13 weeks of group therapy that
changed my life in ways I can't explain. I also finally found a doctor who
has helped me on the road to being the most stable I've felt in years. We
aren't quite there yet (as you can see by the pharmacy on the counter), but
finding him and getting on the right path has also changed my life. Set
two represents my student family. I lost one student I consider family
when he graduated, but I've been blessed with a new family member. Change
is hard, but not when I'm left with so much love and friendship. The
photos numbered with 3 represent my life as a runner. For the first time
in my life, I proved to myself that I could be a runner. I DID it. Big
accomplishment, and a change in my self-esteem and belief in my abilities.
Finally, set 4. The first one was taken on October 2, when I had already
lost about 14 lbs. Today I weighed in and found out I've hit my main
weight goal--155 on the nose. The last photo of the year, on this strange
day 366, was taken today. I feel strong and healthy, and I'm getting
stronger all the time--emotionally, intellectually, and physically. Thanks
to all who shared this year of change with me--I'll miss those of you not
coming back, and I look forward to all of the tomorrows to come with those
who are!
4 comments:
i'm glad you're reaching your goals :)
Very nice. Makes me smile. :D
Proudness!!!!!!!!!
I agree with the above comments. :)
Awwww I love this. And love even more that I'm in it ;) Congrats on all the great change going on in your life and cheers to the new PS year! Proud to be a part of your student family.
Post a Comment