I agree with Robin. Just make it your own thing... Like "movie night at home" or go out to a nice dinner and make it super low key.
Or come party with us... we had an excellent time, and it was rather low key. Just some people, some drinks, a nice dinner out, then board games and the countdown on tv all night.
I felt the same, Renatta -- the party thing never, ever worked out well for me. Eventually I decided to "take back the night" like Robin and Rachel said, and do only what I wanted to do. Since then? No unmet expectations, always relaxing.
ahhh but there's always so much expectation that i should be having fun..... besides The Boyf's friend had a party this year and i just didn't have a good time... but last year i just went to bed at like 10 and that was super lame as well. i guess i'll always be torn.
5 comments:
So, just stop celebrating it. Make it a low-key non-event. Make up your own New Year's tradition.
I agree with Robin. Just make it your own thing... Like "movie night at home" or go out to a nice dinner and make it super low key.
Or come party with us... we had an excellent time, and it was rather low key. Just some people, some drinks, a nice dinner out, then board games and the countdown on tv all night.
I felt the same, Renatta -- the party thing never, ever worked out well for me. Eventually I decided to "take back the night" like Robin and Rachel said, and do only what I wanted to do. Since then? No unmet expectations, always relaxing.
Mine was low key as well...and I was fine with it...
ahhh but there's always so much expectation that i should be having fun..... besides The Boyf's friend had a party this year and i just didn't have a good time... but last year i just went to bed at like 10 and that was super lame as well. i guess i'll always be torn.
Post a Comment