I got a notion that I should be making my own pizza dough instead of relying on Papa Murphy's, so tonight I put together a batch from the ABin5* book. Before putting it to bed in the fridge, I just had to test it, you know, even if it is 9pm. So here is my little olive oil & monterey jack pizza. It came out well even though I did run out of white flour and had to use some whole wheat.
Having dough around all the time might well prove to be too dangerous...
*Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day
3 comments:
that's pretty cool. I want to learn how to make a good gluten-free pizza crust, as Jen is sensitive to gluten.
Shawn there are some excellent companies (Bob's red mill) that make gluten free pizza mixes. It is made out of Corn. Totally tastes like pizza dough too!
Make up a TON of that dough Liz and freeze it. Then any time you are thinking about having pizza. Take the dough out of the freezer, let it thaw, then go to town topping it. Did it taste better then PM?
Thanks for the tip. I have used Red Mill gluten-free all purpose flour for other things. I didn't know that they made a pizza dough as well.
Post a Comment