Yesterday morning I noticed a small gob of crusted, matted hair between
Sweetie's shoulders, with what looked like a gooey red spot under it..
Called the vet and got her in this morning. They were all full, so they had
me drop her off and pick her up later.
Well, I just picked her up and this is what greeted me. WTF?!? Scared the
crap out of me! I think I accidentally said something entirely inappropriate
when I first saw her.
Looks like hell, but it's just a good old "hot spot" (aka moist dermatitis.)
The vet says she now has a staph infection in it. He also says it's
extremely sensitive and feels like a burn. I got a whole bunch of pills,
creams, sprays, etc. to treat it. Gonna be a fun few days at our house.
I'm trying to figure out how it got so big without me noticing!
Also it cost me $140. This is on top of the $140 I spent at the pet E.R. on
Sunday because she kept puking. Strange, but apparently the two events are
not related.
2 comments:
oh my gosh!!! awww i hope it gets better
that would scare the shit out of me! hope she is doing better.
Post a Comment