So....let me start at the beginning.
Most of you don't know that my bf Rich just got a job as the delivery driver
at my work. It's a long story but basically they fired the guy who was
delivering before and Rich was there to pick up the pieces. We were pretty
excited because this means double the income we already had AND we would
basically be working the same hours which means carpooling and saving on
gas. Sounds like an awesome deal, right??
Well it would have been, except my boss just decided to schedule Rich for
every other shift except delivery. Don't know why or what that is about but
that's what he's been doing. We aren't happy about it, but hey, it's still
double the income so why not just stick it out? Thursday nights at the mall
we work at, they throw "Summer Concerts". Local oldies bands come and play
and the restaurants set up happy hour booths and it's GREAT for the
businesses in the area.It's actually really fun and the bands are awesome.
The only downside to this Thursday, is that Harry Potter was also premiering
this night. AAAAAAND of course I was working the morning shift and Rich was
scheduled to work the closing shift. Our boss told us that we'd be closing
at ten, so I went and hung out with friends and then left for the mall at
1015. ( Rich and I share a car)
Well, shame on me, our boss decided to just stay open until 1 AM. Don't get
me wrong, I understand the obvious upside for the business in this. We were
one of only 3 places open that late, and the only one selling coffee. CHA
CHINGGG. However, there was no warning from the boss to the closers that
they would need to stay for ohhhh...an extra 4 hrs. Here's the kicker: Rich
didn't get done with closing until 2 am and I had to be back to open the
store the next morning at 7 am. Which means I got 3 hrs of sleep. Can you
say ROYALLY PISSED OFF?
And I bet you're wondering how this relates to my photo. I am the head
barista and somewhat anal about how my coffee station looks when I come in
mornings. One thing that bugs me is stocking coffee lids so high that a 5'1"
person, (me), can't reach the top one and instead knocks them all over. My
boss thought it would be "funny" to stack them impossibly high so I had to
actually stand on a stool to take them down without making a mess.
After 3hrs of sleep I was NOT amused.
2 comments:
I could review your resume for you. :-(
If I can do anything to help...
Post a Comment