Horchata is a sweet milk-like drink usually found in Mexican restaurants. Though, I don't know how common it is outside of California (I don't recall ever seeing it when I used to live in Illinois). I think most horchata is made with ground rice but there are other types.
Wow! I've never seen a self-serve horchata machine. I'm from Chicago. EVERY Mexican restaurant serves horchata. It would be weird if they didn't. Here in the DC area I tried Salvadorean horchata, one of those "other types" of horchata. It tasted kind of gross.
5 comments:
With a name like that, it had better be!
What is it?
Horchata is a sweet milk-like drink usually found in Mexican restaurants. Though, I don't know how common it is outside of California (I don't recall ever seeing it when I used to live in Illinois). I think most horchata is made with ground rice but there are other types.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horchata
Wow! I've never seen a self-serve horchata machine. I'm from Chicago. EVERY Mexican restaurant serves horchata. It would be weird if they didn't. Here in the DC area I tried Salvadorean horchata, one of those "other types" of horchata. It tasted kind of gross.
When I first glanced at this pic, I thought it said "CORNDOGGA."
Post a Comment