So, apparently I have a lot of hair. When I don't get it cut for two and a
half months, it gets a little long and curly. The dark stuff is what's left
of the last crop (you might see a pile of blonde hair beneath the chair?
That is Jean's pile).
Why don't I get it cut more often? Well, it's a long story of where life
takes you, and the pain of a really, really bad hair cut. The person's feet
in the photo is the same nice woman who has been cutting my hair for almost
15 years. I started going to her when I lived in Escalante. This was all
well and good until she moved to St. George (about 3 hours away). I got my
hair cut by other people or in the mall when I was in town, and never really
got someone who could tame my mane. My solution? Drive 3 hours to St. George
to get my hair cut!
It's much better now that I only live about an hour away from where she
lives. She cuts our hair in her kitchen since she does not work at a shop
and they have yet to build her a little studio to do this. She travels back
to Escalante for one week every month to her old shop and takes care of ALL
of her clients in that week - starring at 8:00 am and going sometimes until
10:00 at night.
2 comments:
I hear ya! When you find someone that can handle your hair, you will do what it takes to get to them. Mine's not curly but I do have a lot (see my 13yo pic). As you can see, I have had some BAD haircuts over the decades...
i'm sure she appreciates all the loyal customers
Post a Comment