Working on it. Mine doesn't have a wireless card, and it has only 256MB of RAM, so I have to decide if I want to put any money in to it (and more importantly, how much.) Looks pretty straightforward: Install the software (Clint put links on the FB page) and get a DVI/HDMI adapter. And probably a wireless kbd/mouse.
Do you know anything about the specs on the Mini? I'm quite surprised it has no Wi-Fi. Are you sure about that? I got my first G4 Mini in late 2005 and I'm pretty sure it had Wi-Fi.
And yeah, a RAM upgrade wouldn't hurt if you can do it.
5 comments:
Does this mean you figured out how to use it as a media center?
Working on it. Mine doesn't have a wireless card, and it has only 256MB of RAM, so I have to decide if I want to put any money in to it (and more importantly, how much.) Looks pretty straightforward: Install the software (Clint put links on the FB page) and get a DVI/HDMI adapter. And probably a wireless kbd/mouse.
Do you know anything about the specs on the Mini? I'm quite surprised it has no Wi-Fi. Are you sure about that? I got my first G4 Mini in late 2005 and I'm pretty sure it had Wi-Fi.
And yeah, a RAM upgrade wouldn't hurt if you can do it.
Yeah, it's air card-free. I bought it for my daughter for college graduation and we didn't think it would be necessary. Stupid!
Bummer, but not a huge deal. Here's a USB WiFi adapter, Mac compatible from Amazon for about $14.
Post a Comment