Jon 11/365


I don't remember a lot from my early childhood, I've never really wondered
why. It just is what it is. I do remember, very clearly "The Fort". This is
one of the entrances still intact. Our fort was a row of lilac bushes along
the side of one of my childhood friends garage.
We spent hours upon hours in this fort hollowing out the interior, playing
games, hanging out. In the summer when in full bloom you cannot see through,
it was the perfect hiding place. It was my escape.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

It makes me so sad that you felt you needed a place to escape.

I know that it is a silly way to feel, because everyone, no matter what your background, your family life or your income level, everyone needs a place to escape to. It gives us the opportunity to figure out for ourselves how best to handle life.

So, I guess instead of being sad about you needing a place to escape to, I will be happy that you had a place to go.

Love you Jon!

Unknown said...

I honestly don't remember much from my early childhood either, but I do recall some things - I am happy when needed you had a place to go, I am thankful you shared with us today.

Kirsten said...

very cool that the entrance is there and can take you back to a good memory. I also second what Sarah says. She is so good with her words.