Clint 9/365


I had some work to do today over the mountain in Orderville. I was there two
days ago, but I had to get there the long way around to avoid the big snow
storm we had that day - the day I passed through Colorado City.

The weather smiled on me today, and I could drive the normal route. I was in
more of a hurry on the way there, and had to pass up photographing two of
the big snow chewer/throwers. That made me kind of sad - you just don't see
those things in action very often.

I was SO glad to run into one still working 6 hours later. The bonus photo
was obtained when I pulled into a little, um... town I guess to get my cell
phone camera out and ready. Duck Creek Village is more of a resort area with
lots of cabins and snowmobile rentals in the winter. Judging by the photo of
Duck Creek Realty, I don think there is much real estate action going on
here today.

We have had a LOT of snow this year, and a LOT in the past week or so. I
sincerely hope that this is the LAST snow picture I need to send in for
many, many months. I am ready for spring and summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy geez! I hope they didn't make their employees come in to work! And that is a cool one of the "snow chewer." Never saw one before.

Robin in NJ said...

Neat! I'd love to see that big snow-chewer. I've always wanted to drive one of those big Yukons.