Clint 5/365


Back at the UCET conference. Yes, I was working on a Saturday... I had a
'Spotlight' session, so they put me in this HUGE room. This was taken about
5 minutes before the session started, and you can't see a row full of people
to the left. By the time the session started, I had a respectable 40-50
people there.

The topic? Cell Phones are NOT Evil! Mobile phones have a bad wrap in
schools, and are banned by almost 75% of schools in the country. I'm trying
to be pro-active with this and give teachers some ideas on how to leverage
the technology that the kids already have that schools don't need to pay
for! The presentation went really well - lots of good questions and
feedback.

I did sort of feel like a fish in a huge fish bowl, though... especially
when people (who I knew) would make faces at me while I was presenting this
session from the hallway you can see in the rear.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

HA thats what friends are for!

I might need to hear your speech about why kids should be allowed to have cell phones in school.

Unknown said...

I am with Kirsten, I am anti cell phone for my 12 year old right now!

Renatta said...

that's interesting about letting kids use phones in school...... but how would teachers separate the actual learning use of them from texting, facebooking, etc?