Clint 4/365


UCET - the Utah Coalition for Educational Technology conference was this
last Friday and Saturday. Since I'm a technology trainer for the state, I am
a part of this conference as a presenter - 4 sessions this year! The
conference has annual awards to recognize people around the state that work
hard and do amazing things for educational technology.

This year I nominated Charlie Roberts for the state Technology Leader of the
Year award. He's the technology 'boss' for our largest district, is a very
laid back and affable guy and works amazingly hard at helping teachers. I
love working with him, and he has the best email signature that I've seen,
"Work hard, and enjoy the day." Pretty much sums him up.

I'm very glad that he won the award. I was given the task to make sure that
he was there in the auditorium to receive the award (it's a surprise - he
didn't know he was going to win). He was at the conference, helping
coordinate volunteers out in the lobby. I got him in there, but I was not
very artful or clever in how I 'asked' him to come in. The people around him
said that he was still surprised, so that's good since I told him that I'd
been asked to make sure he was in there, could not tell him why, but it was
for a good reason...

Congratulations Charlie!

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Very cool! Good for you for nominating Charlie.

Congratulations Charlie!

Robin in NJ said...

Great story. I love that quote. It is very apt.