Name: Dora
Location: Maryland/DC
Hobbies: No hobbies, which is why I joined Photographic State 2011. I’m
currently a sixth year Ph.D. student with no graduation date in sight (in my
defense, I was a part-time student the first four years). Now, pretty much
all my time and energy goes to my dissertation. If I’m not working on it,
I’m thinking about how I should be working on it. I thought this would be a
cool, quick way to do something “hobby like,” something that is not related
to by dissertation AT ALL. Still, there might be a lot of pictures of me
and/or my fellow Ph.D. students at our laptops.
Work: I’m a graduate assistant at one of the many higher education nonprofit
organization in DC.
Passions: Learning. Yeah, I’m a big-time nerd. Hence, the Ph.D. (and the use
of the word “hence”).
Something else: That’s my awesome husband in my bio picture (awesome because
his Type-B personality keeps my Type-A personality in check). He’s also
awesome because he’s the great man behind this great woman. ;-)
5 comments:
Welcome Dora! I hope you find that this new hobby of yours is something you truly love! Can't wait to get to know you!
Welcome!!
Hope you enjoy your new hobby. I know when I joined PS when it started I was looking for something I could dedicate myself too so I don't try and jump ship at law school next year...
Welcome Dora! So happy to have you! I love that you are a little "nerdy", you can keep all of us in check!
Can't wait to see your photos.
Welcome Dora! A noble intention to try a hobby while in school. It was SO hard for me to try to live a balanced life while I was in school, and that was only a masters-good luck!
Post a Comment