Even though we are all packed and out of Cedar, I still had some work to do today in Salt Lake. We had to award classroom grants to Utah teachers today - ended up dolling out 50 grand to 24 classroom teachers around the state. It’s a lot of work to pick 24 out of 233 grant submissions, but it’s ALWAYS great to be able to give out some dough. The grant was funded by Century Link Communications (formerly Qwest) and we met in their Salt Lake corporate offices. I’m sitting and reading grants in their break area on the third floor.As a nice side note of irony, while I spent a year teaching Science at Salt Lake Arts Academy, our little charter school was actually housed in the bottom two floors of the squat red brick building to the right across the street - we spent about 1/2 of the school year there before moving to the permanent location. The building was originally the headquarters for the Salt Lake Olympic Organizing Committee!How life does come full circle.
Clint 65/365
Even though we are all packed and out of Cedar, I still had some work to do today in Salt Lake. We had to award classroom grants to Utah teachers today - ended up dolling out 50 grand to 24 classroom teachers around the state. It’s a lot of work to pick 24 out of 233 grant submissions, but it’s ALWAYS great to be able to give out some dough. The grant was funded by Century Link Communications (formerly Qwest) and we met in their Salt Lake corporate offices. I’m sitting and reading grants in their break area on the third floor.As a nice side note of irony, while I spent a year teaching Science at Salt Lake Arts Academy, our little charter school was actually housed in the bottom two floors of the squat red brick building to the right across the street - we spent about 1/2 of the school year there before moving to the permanent location. The building was originally the headquarters for the Salt Lake Olympic Organizing Committee!How life does come full circle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment