Clint 330/365



Each month, we get a copy of our budgets to review to make sure all that we spent was expensed in the correct budgets. This also shows our salary, retirement, health care cots - everything that has to do with us.A year and a half ago, I started getting two bundles of budgets to review because a great guy that I worked with here went back to the classroom, and funding at the time was as such that we could not re-hire someone to do his job. So… They gave the job to me in addition to my current job. It has been a ton of work and adjustment, but it’s fine now.This one just hit me today. The second bundle of budget papers is TOTALLY zeroed out - two and half pages of zeros as a reminder of how much I’m doing as ‘Other duties as assigned’. I will now get a little depressed each month when I get this bundle of paper.Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy to have a job that allows me to work with people, have a little fun some times, and really help folks. However over time, my bosses are pushing me more and more to do what this other position entails, and less and less for what I was originally hired for and what I really enjoy doing.

3 comments:

Dora said...

I read something somewhere along the lines of, "stop doing something and see if anyone notices." Think about it.

SEDC Clint said...

Interesting idea.... They'd notice that I'm not doing the new job but probably wouldn't mind me doing less of my old one. Frustrating.

Anonymous said...

Well I really enjoyed studying it. This subject offered by you is very effective for proper planning.
Raymarine Raystar E32119 125+ GPS Antenna with SeaTalk, NMEA 0183, and NMEA 2000 Data Outputs