Clint 219/365



I had my second round of sleep study last night. I was really worried about
it for a few reasons... First, the first time was SO horrible. Second, I
went it to get fitted for the different masks, and I ended up with about 6
ranked from try first to last. I was anticipating trying to use most of them
for some portion of the night. Last, I'd be trying BiPAP instead of CPAP.
BiPAP monitors your breathing and varies the pressure as needed (CPAP gives
you a constant stream of air) and I didn't know if it would be harder to
adjust to than the normal method.

However... It was not so bad.

Luckily, the most comfortable mask worked for me - I usually snore through
my mouth, but with the combination of the mask on my nose and the BiPAP, I
didn't open my mouth or snore all night, nor did I experience any apnea
episodes from what the lab tech told me. It was still pretty uncomfortable
(about 10 wires and sensors attached all over my legs, chest, face and head)
and I didn't get a whole lot of sleep since I'm not used to falling asleep
on my back (with all of the attachments it was hard to not be on my back).
But, when they woke me up, I felt good, I had energy, and I didn't have a
head full of congestion like I normally do and I didn't feel like the night
was a battle against my bed and pillow.

Hopefully, I'll have my own set up in a couple of weeks, and I can start to
actually sleep at night.

2 comments:

miss selene said...

oh that's great! glad you're finding stuff that works for you. :)

Liz T. said...

Such great news! I guess you don't realize what a huge effect crappy sleep has on you until you get some good sleep, huh?