We had a BIG harvest of vegetables and most notably tomatoes this last week.
My goal today was to turn all of the tomatoes above into tomato sauce so
that I can turn THAT into marinara sauce to can. It's a ton of work, so I
like to split it up into a couple of days.
I wanted to do a before and after pic, but I took the second one as an
intermediate. When I got looking at it, it looked like a smiley face staring
back at me with big red eyes, a dishwasher handle smile, and even a big
green zucchini eyebrow!
I'll be transforming this stuff into some very nice sauce this evening.
Photos to follow.
1 comment:
LOL you are right!! How nice it will be to have your own marinara sauce! I always make up a few quarts and stick them in the freezer!
Post a Comment