Speaking of Neal, today I received this pic from a dear friend of his. It
shows the wreath that followed a portion of his ashes being committed to the
sea in between Labrador and Newfoundland, where Neal spent many hours in a
C-130 tracking icebergs for the USCG International Ice Patrol in the 1980s.
They happened to be getting ready for another patrol when I contacted them
earlier this month, and I was able to get a box shipped to them in time. His
friend, still at the IIP, was able to go on the mission and did the actual
dropping of the ashes. I couldn't ask for a better memorial.
Now I'm waiting to hear from the cutter on its way to the Arctic (#73), and
I still need to see if I can get some sent to the Antarctic.
3 comments:
You are one amazing and strong woman!
What a beautiful memorial. Thank you for sharing this photo.
I love what you are doing with/for Neal. He really was a lucky man to have you in his life!
Post a Comment